Thursday 21 July 2016

A Year Older… So What?

A Year Older… So What?

1
So, my birthday has been and gone and it was a lovely and pleasant day, that’s it!
Now what?
I am a year older and nothing has changed… I am the same person I was 3 days ago before my birthday, and life remains the same.
A year older… so what?
Nothing changes, I am facing life the same way I was a week ago.
I remember a time when I was in my late teens and early 20’s when I used to say: I will be happier when X, Y, Z happens…
My life will find its purpose when I do X, Y, Z…
I will be a better person when I become X, Y, Z…
This and that and the other will be possible when X, Y, Z happen; then, only then I will be, do and have what I deserve.

Guess what?

It never happened…
Life continued its course, the clock remained ticking, the world around me went by just like nothing…

Then what?

I learned…
I learned that what I want for tomorrow I start working for today! Not tomorrow when it may be too late!
I learned that age does NOT matter, what matters is how we approach life.
I could be 73 and still expect life to happen to me, rather than to take action and make it happen for me.
I could be 15 and totally get that my future relies in the action I take in the now, so when I am 25 I am the person I wanted to be, I do what I wanted to do and I have what I wanted to have, but as a reward for my hard work.
I have learned that X, Y and Z are in our control, we call the shots, we decide what the building blocks in our lives are, we are the architects and builders of our present, and future, only us.
I have learned that the past is irrelevant to the now, all that matters is the now.

What is the now?

The now is timeless…
The now is ageless…
The now is full of possibilities, and all for grabs…
The now is ours and we decide what we do with it… or not!
Some people call the now the present, it is a present, it is our gift, why not act on it?
The now is the starting point to create the life we want, only we decide whether we claim that birthright or not.
I was minding my own business and replying to an email as I was listening to Jim Rohn and in this audio he said the following quote:

“The life best lived is the life by design!”

This is exactly what I have learned that age doesn’t matter, what matters is our attitude, or as Jim calls it our philosophy, and that the life best lived is that we choose for ourselves…
We get to become whomever we want to be… which then leads to us doing what we want to do (in our own terms) and have whatever we desire in this life (I like to call it our rewards for our hard work).
I hope you have enjoyed today’s post.
I would love to hear your comments.
Till next time,

Jorge
PS, I could not resist to use my pictures of then and now as today’s post’s image.

No comments:

Post a Comment