Friday 9 September 2016

Whose advice should you listen to?

Whose advice should you listen to?


Would you take advice from your uncle who has been broke from as long as you remember? Or,
Would you take advice from Sir Richard Branson?
We go our day to day life listening to people near us, who are just like us and they have somehow resigned, this is it, this is my life and there is nothing I can do about it.
They mean well, though, their fears are controlling their every action and they are passing that onto whomever they meet or come across.
Can you see where we are heading here?

Who should I listen to?

You remember I wrote a blogpost recently about Being a student of what you want to achieve? One of the things I forgot to mention in that blog is that it is 100% valid and acceptable to find a mentor in that area we want to succeed at.
I will give you my personal example, when I decided to change careers people said I was mad, that I was going into an industry I knew nothing about, I was told there was no market for it, that people didn’t invest in themselves, etc., etc.
BTW, before I forget those naysayers are called “dream stealers”!
Now, going back to what I was saying, I decided to ignore those people whose lives were in similar or worse position that mine at the time; I just said, thank you for your concern but I will make my dream come true.
I got busy reading, studying and meeting people who could help me achieve my goal. I chose to ignore those who were close to me because they were in no position whatsoever to advice.
Who are you listening to when making decisions?
Who is shaping the way your future looks?
Who is in control of your actions?
Because let’s face it, many people say they are independent and the truth is that there is a whole entourage of people dictating how they should or shouldn’t live their lives.
Take advice and listen to those who can enrich your life, add value to what you working towards and believe you me, your future will be the one you want.
Just get to work, embrace those opportunities (which we can me too!) and take full control of your life.
Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment