Tuesday 6 September 2016

How do you find your own potential?

How do you find your own potential?


Tough one, huh?
Have you ever asked yourself this question: How do I find my own potential? Or, How can I tap into my hidden potential?
Before I help you figure out how this is possible let me share my story with you…

About me

I come from Panama City, from the suburbs, from a pretty poor and rural area, all I knew was scarcity, poverty, negativity, prejudice and a host of not so nice things.
I would be lying if I said these didn’t affect me, they totally did.
My parents had to count the pennies to put food on the table, they had to leave early, come back late and then there was far too much month at the end of the paycheck.
There were two children, bills, travel expenses and all the other things that life throws at you; work, very little time with the children and almost no hope.
We would hear gun shots, we’d be told some had been robbed, stabbed, someone’s house had been broken into or worse someone had been shot.
That was all I knew…
Even with all of these things, I was fortunate I had parents who did their best to provide for us, sent me and my brother to school to one day have a better life, we were hope for them, and by that I mean, we were the evidence that even poor people if they worked hard at it they could achieve great things.
Sadly, I grew believing that only “rich” people could do and achieve things in life, any hope I ever had would be crushed almost immediately by the things I saw and would hear about.
Life was a challenge for me because I was in a very “macho” community, surrounded by catholic people and I was battling with my sexuality and my feelings towards the same sex.
I had hope, then I had nothing; I would find it again to then have it taken away by the fear and belief that I wasn’t good enough because I was gay.
I had all of that for the first 16 years of my life. Then, I tried to commit suicide, thankfully I was given a second chance to live my life!
Everything changed the moment I opened my eyes, I felt there had been a shift and I was ready to find a way and the means to create the life I knew I deserved.

How can you find your own potential?

Easy!!!
The only way you can find your true potential is by waking up to the fact that you are capable of achieving whatever you set your mind to.
I will repeat it:
You are capable of achieving WHATEVER you set your mind to.
Whatever? I can hear you say…
Absolutely yes!!!
Let me explain this further, the only thing that stops us (see how I include myself) from accomplishing a thing or things in this life is ourselves, our mindset, our attitude, our philosophy and lack of positivity…
In my former years (life even), I had a negative attitude, I was putting myself down because of my sexual preferences, because of my background and because of what was happening around me…
I was approaching life negatively.
When I changed my mindset, the way I saw myself and my life, everything changed, yes EVERYTHING!
9 months after attempting to commit suicide I met the person who loved me more than I loved myself prior to meeting him. 2 years after meeting him I moved to England, and now my life is beyond recognition.
That 16 years old who didn’t want to be alive once would be blown by the fact that he became the successful man he is today.
If I was able to turn my life around, so can you…
This is the truth as to how you find your true potential, by waking up, snapping out of the pity party you have been in and change and shift your mindset to that of I can, I am worth it, I will do it, I am doing it and I am making it happen.
Wake up, change your mindset and outlook in life, get to work and do what you said you’d do and voila! There you have it, your potential.
That potential that hadn’t been tapped into will be reached once you believe you have it in you.
Let me tell you, you have it in you, just reach deep inside you and bring it out.
I didn’t know I had it in me till I sank to the bottom, hit rock bottom and had to go through hell.
I am telling you, you got it, just bring it out, bring it forth and start creating the life you know you deserve.
One of my hero’s Jim Rohn says:

A life worth living is a life by design!

You are the creator of your life, you get to call the shots, no one else!!!
Go out there and get to work, design your life and honour your potential.
Till next time, with all my love.
From my heart to yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment