Monday 2 January 2017

How are you feeding your mind in 2017?

How are you feeding your mind in 2017?

the-new-you-1
Hello there, I trust you are having a great day so far and that 2017 is treating you well so far (it is only day 2!).
I would like to thank you for your beautiful comments in yesterday’s post, truth be told I wanted to make people think about the year ahead and how they can ensure they have the bestest year yet.
So, today is no different.
I am sure those of you who are Entrepreneurs and/or in the Personal Development field are familiar with the saying:
“Learners are Earners”
I could not agree more with that statement.
I am very fortunate that when I was growing up I had the best Spanish and Literature professors, they taught me so much and made me fall in love with my language and reading; so the day I don’t have my hands all over a book, the day I do not caress the pages in a hardback (or paperback), I feel I am missing out.
My personal library has thousands of books that I have devoured over the years (in England alone), and it just continues to grow.
Over the festive period I read like there was no tomorrow, I wanted to enrich my mind and my being. Sadly, I ran out of books to read (yes, I was upset!!!).
Yesterday, New Year, the very first day of the year I had nothing to enrich my life, my mind and me being. So, I had this thought:
Wouldn’t it be a good idea if from now on, before the year ends I get myself 12 books – one for every month of the year –, for the year ahead?
Do you remember, me talking about my wheel of life and goal setting? One thing I just realised is that by buying books that are in alignment with our goals is a great way to ensure we achieve them!
I invite you to take a look at your goals and do some research on what books and authors could help you achieve them.
I am a great believer that in order to achieve something, we must study it first and get our hands dirty, learn and fail, fail and learn, so eventually we become the people we have to become to achieve those goals.
What are you feeding your mind with in 2017?
What books will you be reading in 2017?
Who do you have to become in 2017 to achieve your goals?
How many books are you going to read so you gain the skills to achieve your goals?
A close friend of mine says:
“I always look for a job or opportunity that challenges me and teaches me new things, because the day I am not learning I feel I start to die!
What are your goals for 2017? Feel free to share them with me, if you wish; if not, take a look at them and ask yourself these questions:
What do I have to do to achieve this goal?
Do I have to read about it?
Do I have to study it?
Be honest with yourself and find the support you need to enable you to accomplish your goals.

Remember:

  • Plants need CO2, water and nutrients from the soil,
  • Animals need food to survive and thrive,
  • Humans need Oxygen and nutrients to survive and thrive,
  • We need to exercise to remain fit and strong, and
  • Our minds need knowledge to become more creative, imaginative and thrive too.
Let me ask you one last time:
What are you feeding your mind with in 2017?
Drop me a message in the comments box and let me know what books you are reading in 2017.
One of the books I am going to be reading in 2017 is The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho; although, I read this book almost 20 years ago, I feel drawn to read it once more.

Till next time,
jorge-vence-with-writing



No comments:

Post a Comment